Problem with Python OOT

From: George Edwards
Subject: Problem with Python OOT
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2021 12:55:27 -0600

Hello,

I am trying to make a Python OOT block which accepts a stream of 3 inputs complex valued data and for each single input sample (one on each input line) the block will output 8 complex samples. For my first cut, I am simply trying to get the module to work outputting one complex sample (rather than 8). Below are the essential parts of my program.

1. In the def __init__ (self.), I set the inner method gr.basic_block.__init__(self,
       name="my_block_name_py_cc",
       in_sig = [numpy.complex64, numpy.complex64,  numpy.complex64  ],
       out_sig = [ numpy.complex64 ])       # with 3 inputs and one output

2. In the general_work() method for now I set the output to a constant complex value as follows
      out_items[0][:] = 1.0+1.0*1j

3. In the *.yml file, the input is set as:
        inputs:
        - domain: stream
           dtype: complex
           multiplicity: '3'

The module compiles. However, when I run the QA file, it gives an error stating something is wrong in File "..........blocks_swig1.py at line 8354.
TypeError: in method 'vector_source_c_make', argument 2 of type 'bool'

I went to the file and the line stated, but I have not seen anything to help me make corrections. As far as a TypeError of 'bool', I do not see where I would have made such an error. I have an input parameter in the def __init__(self, start = True) method, 'start', which comes in as bool, but that is the only bool variable I am using. The documentation I read for the method states "This block produces a stream of samples based on an input vector" (which is my goal if I can get it to work).

I will appreciate any help to get me on the right track.

Regards,
George