"Default Value" for ZMQ PULL Source?

From: Christopher Flood
Subject: "Default Value" for ZMQ PULL Source?
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2021 16:52:25 -0700

Hi all,

I'm passing data between two .grc files using ZMQ PUSH / PULL sockets. The ZMQ PULL socket connects to an add block where the sum is used as a frequency control word input to an NCO. However, when I run the .grc file with the ZMQ PULL socket, the NCO does not produce a signal. In fact, I'm not sure any data is flowing since there is no data being sent to the ZMQ socket. Is there a way to create a "default value" for a ZMQ PULL source that it publishes before the first data from the ZMQ PUSH socket is generated? I tried using a selector to get around this, but that didn't work either. I would appreciate any suggestions or inputs you may have.

Thanks,

Chris