Re: GNU Radio Companion N310 GPIO Sink/Source block

From: Marcus D. Leech
Subject: Re: GNU Radio Companion N310 GPIO Sink/Source block
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2022 20:51:20 -0400

On 2022-06-28 19:56, U L wrote:
Joshua,

Generally Fabien is right. To exercise the full feature set of the GPIO you would likely need an OOT block. However, if only limited performance and features are needed then you might get away with using the Python embedded block or Python snippet in GRC to implement something quick and easy. This was the route I took to control an external TX/RX switch. I imagine any low-rate control would be feasible.

Jared.
Since the GPIOs are not really designed for high-speed I/O, then a Python block would be more than capable of "keeping up".