Re: Building Pantomime of Ubuntu 16 / GNUstep

From: Andreas Höschler
Subject: Re: Building Pantomime of Ubuntu 16 / GNUstep
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2019 10:27:18 +0200

Hi all,

normally I would first ask which compiler you are using and what version of all components. But in this case the problem seems to be totally outside of GNUstep. The file /usr/include/inttypes.h is a system header and  your compiler isn’t able to parse it. The question is rather how did you get this far :-) Similar problems should have happened when your compiled other bits of GNUstep. How could you work around these?

Any idea what system files I could try to sync from the healthy machine to the corrupt one to heal this? The corrupt machine unfortunately is a production machine with a lot of productive databases that cannot be easily thrown away.

I did

rsync -avz -e ssh root@<healthy machine>:/usr/include/* /usr/include

and this has fixed the problem. I could now even install Pantomime!! :-)

Sorry for the noise!!

Thanks a lot,

 Andreas