Re: WebSite: navigation to bug reporting

From: Daniel Boyd
Subject: Re: WebSite: navigation to bug reporting
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2024 18:41:52 +0000 (UTC)

My vote is the "prominent place" option even though I admit it does detract somewhat from a clean aesthetic. But I think it's worth it.

By having it in a prominent location, the most direct effect is that it will be easier to find. I don't think that matters as much for developers, most of whom will explore the site thoroughly, so I'm thinking more of the impact on end users. End users may or may not be accustomed to reporting bugs and I think there is some value in giving them a subtle message that the project encourages bug reports. I think by having a link to the bug report page in their field of vision every time they are on a gnustep.org page, you may end up with a higher percentage of users submitting bug reports.