Re: Change of scope for Cacao Linux effort

From: Ahmed Khanzada
Subject: Re: Change of scope for Cacao Linux effort
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2024 16:25:46 -0400

I wonder if GNU Guix (the package manager) might be a nice way to
package GNUstep components.

Once you package all the GNUstep components and apps nicely, GNU Guix (the
Linux distro) could ship with one of the GNUstep desktop environments
(either NeXTSPACE or GSDE) as a default option.

Selecting that option would give you the GNUstep SDK as well as a
desktop environment.

So right off the bat, your fresh install is ready for serious app development.

This would allow someone to have a completely GNU system all the way
down, given that GNOME is no longer a GNU project.

I'll be honest and say that I don't do much OOP or floating window
managers these days, so would not be a good fit for such a project. Just
helping you brainstorm.