Re: On Twitter (was: Re: "Wayland Maker - A Wayland compositor inspired

From: Gregory Casamento
Subject: Re: On Twitter (was: Re: "Wayland Maker - A Wayland compositor inspired by Window Maker")
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2024 11:43:16 -0400

Lars,

Hi Greg,

Am 25.07.2024 um 15:37 schrieb Gregory Casamento <greg.casamento@gmail.com>:

You have a Twitter feed, but you mostly post US politics stuff. As it
happens I agree with your sentiments on that, but I am not American and
it's not my argument. Not my circus, not my monkey, as they say in
Polish. You might alienate people with the political stuff.

Very true.  If you have noticed, things are a bit weird here in the states on that spectrum, but we won't discuss that here.   I should keep the politics out of the mix.  I have questions about using X/Twitter in generate since was bought because it doesn't seem that people are really listening there anymore.

I suggest
that you don't and split your presence there into a personal account and
a GNUstep account.

I have considered doing that, but the account is better known as a source for GNUstep related information.   I will start posting more of that.

I know you have this @gnustep Twitter handle: https://x.com/gnustep . Why not starting using this for GNUstep related tweets? I know, you say, it is not well known, but this will change soon after you start using it for that purpose. So you can keep using your @bheron / https://x.com/bheron handle for your political issues while not interfering with GNUstep related news. Also, you could announce this change on your @bheron handle to point your GNUstep-interested followers to the @gnustep handle.

Just an idea.

Kind regards,

Lars

I agree with this.  Originally that was my goal, but I have a decent number of followers on X as bheron.   I am concerned that if I post on the @gnustep account, I'll be talking in an empty room. :)

--
Gregory Casamento
GNUstep Lead Developer / Black Lotus, Principal Consultant