[Dolibarr-dev] __construct vs classname

From: Marcos García
Subject: [Dolibarr-dev] __construct vs classname
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2012 11:49:36 +0200

Hello,

Have you got a position about using function __construct() vs function classname? I saw it was introduced in PHP5, as <5.0 is no longer supported, I don't find any barrier to migrate to it.

I've searched for the differences between __construct() and function classname and I got to  http://stackoverflow.com/questions/217618/construct-vs-sameasclassname-for-constructor-in-php where a person says that the only advantage is that you don't have to rename the function every time you rename the class name or you create another class.

What do you think?

Regards,
Marcos García
address@hidden