Re: [Dolibarr-dev] address@hidden do not exists anymore

From: Sasa Ostrouska
Subject: Re: [Dolibarr-dev] address@hidden do not exists anymore
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2013 08:55:19 +0100

Hi !

On Mon, Feb 11, 2013 at 11:50 PM, Laurent Destailleur (eldy)
<address@hidden> wrote:
> This email telling the mailing list of dolibarr has moved was not comming
> officially from the Dolibarr foundation.

Ok, somebody new on the list makes difficulties to understand which
and what and who is exactly responsible
and the main owner of the project. If there is an owner. So I
understand that people gets confused. More over,
this is the only project I know who don't use any rules for answering
and respects more the language.
Many times I observed, people ask in english, but then for some
reasons others answer in French.
This is not nice, also because if somebody asked in english and
another person answered in french
is because the person who answered in french does understand english
but do not want to use it.

It is an open project if I understand well and the main language
should be english. Other people makes
difficulties to understand it in 2 languages.

Again the translator works, but not for everything.

> And this action was done and sent without agreement of the members of the
> foundation, to be hosted on a platform not own by the foundation.
> So a message has been post just after to tell to ignore it.
> The mailing list of "Dolibarr project" is still and was always on
> "nongnu.org".

I agree that there should be one official source, this makes things
easier and more transparent.

> Using any other system is not yet ready. For example, automatic tasks like
> subscribing and unsubscribing to Dolibarr official ML (so "nongnu") when
> member susbcriptions are validated, are for the moment industrialized with
> "nongnu" system only. Same for documentation, wrotten for "nongnu".
>
> May be we will change in future, but we must prepare this before by updating
> industrialized tools and documentation, and this is not a priority for the
> moment.

Laurent, when you speak by "we" who you intend it to be ? I see only
you to manage this things over here.
Maybe because of the other members mainly answering in French I do not
know who they are, because
those e-ails from my side are just deleted.

> So Mailing-List of dolibarr project are still the one defined on official
> web sites: http://www.dolibarr.org/mailings-lists

Good to know that.

> The guy making the confusion has left the team, so we hope such problems
> will not happen again.
> But sorry again for confusion.

Your do not need to apologize, when the things are clear. Please see
the netiquete [1] on how to use
in a propper way the answering on the mailing lists.

[1] http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc1855.txt

Rgds
Saxa