[Dolibarr-dev] [Task #548] Add global discount on quotes, orders and inv

From: Doliforge
Subject: [Dolibarr-dev] [Task #548] Add global discount on quotes, orders and invoices
Date: Fri, 08 Mar 2013 09:18:31 +0100

Doliforge
Ce message ne s'affiche pas correctement?
mettez à jour vos préférences utilisateur.

Add global discount on quotes, orders and invoices

Dernières modifications

08/03/2013 09:18 (Europe/Paris)
Ok I understand. No special fields to deal with global discount.
Discount can be relative to a line (%). OK
Discount can be added as a negative line by using the discount functionnality on customer. OK
Why prevent user from creating a negative line ?

In 3.2, if I added a negative line on my propal, which was possible, it was automatically converted to a customer discount when closing the propal.
Today, if I create a customer discount and use it in a propal, after creating an invoice from the propal I have my discount in the invoice but still available on the customer too.

État

 Détails
Submitted on:  19/09/2012 15:26 Submitted by:  Maxime Kohlhaas (atm-maxime)
Last Modified On:  07/03/2013 17:27 Subproject:  Core (internal)
Original Submission:  After searching trough the forum and wiki, i didn't find any feature request regarding this functionality. The discount system works fine today but only line per line, and even with a relative discount defined on the customer, it applies on each line. I think this will be a good feature to be able to apply a global discount and have the total calculated including the discount.
Easy hacks (opened to any developer):  No
 Etat
Percentage of completion (1-100):  0 Status:  Open
Start Date:  - End Date:  -

Commentaires

Maxime Kohlhaas 08/03/2013 09:18
Ok I understand. No special fields to deal with global discount.
Discount can be relative to a line (%). OK
Discount can be added as a negative line by using the discount functionnality on customer. OK
Why prevent user from creating a negative line ?

In 3.2, if I added a negative line on my propal, which was possible, it was automatically converted to a customer discount when closing the propal.
Today, if I create a customer discount and use it in a propal, after creating an invoice from the propal I have my discount in the invoice but still available on the customer too.
Laurent Destailleur 07/03/2013 17:27
Problem is really more complicated than adding fields.
Because, we have to report and dispatch amount into acountancy code in a future. Adding a discount that is not on line will make accountancy headhache. A global discount is already addressed with the feature "Discounts of thirdparty", but it is not a relative.
If you want to add a negative line, you must use this feature.

There is also a relative discount already available. And this % is applied on each line. Ités added on each line, but it's same than having discount globally. And using this way of working keep compatibility to make accountancy line by line (what we need for a lot of reason, stock value calculation, vat calculation, and future accountancy dispatch system).
Maxime Kohlhaas 07/03/2013 15:06
I'm back on this subject because in the 3.4, it seems that adding a line with a negative value does not work anymore. So we need a solution to add global discount.
Maxime Kohlhaas 19/09/2012 15:28
How I think this could work :
Add 2 new fields on quotes, orders and invoices (discount_value and discount_type (% or amount)).
Change the total calculation to include the global discount.
Change the PDF output to ad a value below the total showing the discount value and type and the new total HT.

I may be forgetting things, so please feel free to add comments on this feature :)