[Dolibarr-dev] [Task #756] Add new status "Mail envoyed"

From: Doliforge
Subject: [Dolibarr-dev] [Task #756] Add new status "Mail envoyed"
Date: Fri, 08 Mar 2013 14:03:32 +0100

Doliforge
Ce message ne s'affiche pas correctement?
mettez à jour vos préférences utilisateur.

Add new status "Mail envoyed"

Dernières modifications

08/03/2013 14:03 (Europe/Paris)
If I may tell my opinion, I think what Juanjo meant is that in the docs workflow (for proposal : draft, validated, closed, billed), there's nothing to tell that the proposal has been sent to the third and that we are waiting for response.
The real question is : should we use the status to tell the difference between a doc just validated and a doc sent to the third ? This might be usefull like this and allow to work only on docs we know something is to be done, and have the docs "waiting for third" separated.

I agree on the fact that having a status "sent by mail" is too restrictive.
Regarding actioncomm, I think that everybody does not use the agenda module and don't have the actioncomm activated.

What new status could be :
proposal : draft, validated, waiting for answer, closed, ...
order : draft, validated, confirmed to third, closed...
invoice : draft, validated, unpaid, paid...

I mean today, once an invoice is validated, it's directly unpaid, but could be not transmitted to third yet...

État

 Détails
Submitted on:  08/03/2013 10:18 Submitted by:  Juanjo Menent (simnandez)
Last Modified On:  08/03/2013 12:38 Subproject:  Core (internal)
Original Submission:  Add new status "Mail sent" into docs with mail sending possibility (propals, orders, invoices, etc).

This would allow into lists know if docs have been sent by email or not, par example....
Easy hacks (opened to any developer):  No
 Etat
Percentage of completion (1-100):  0 Status:  Open
Start Date:  - End Date:  -

Commentaires

Maxime Kohlhaas 08/03/2013 14:03
[...]

Laurent Destailleur 08/03/2013 12:38
Adding a field for "email" is not enough. We may also want to know later it sms was sent, or if element has been synchronized with external system, etc...
We may also want to know how many mails was sent and when ?

And this information is already stored into table llx_actioncomm.
So I suggest to add a field into llx_actioncomm to store a code "specific" to event.
We can then modify trigger ActionsAuto to add a specific code for each event ("send email", "validate").
Then we should use this table to know all events done for the element (id of element is already stored into table).

This will avoid duplicate information and will open more other needs. I think this change match this need and ticket can be set to 100% if everything is ok.
I pushed a change to have this information filled into 3.4. You can use the field "code" into table llx_actioncomm to find all emails sent for a particular element.