Re: [Dolibarr-dev] about project : Improved code coverage

From: ray
Subject: Re: [Dolibarr-dev] about project : Improved code coverage
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2013 16:42:12 +0800

Hi,

why does none care about the Automatic testing process?

I think more about the process. I think we need functional case as well.
In my mind, the regression tests is different from the unit tests. or in other word, we can say that the regression test include Unit tests. the regression test can include function test case beside unit tests.
In order to gurantee the code quality, UNIT test just cover the code logic, but Fuinctional test can be end to end case with real case.

Benefits:
1. check the page is loaded correctly
2. check the page is working well on  GradeA browsers.
3. check the css/js is working well

==========my previous mail but no reply=====
I have a question about current Automatic testing process.
When one guy finished a piece of code, Should he follows some instructions before check in code besides Code-review?
1.  UT implementation
2.  Regression --> this will be checked by CI Job
3.  running regression and UT on his dev box?

In my mind, the fomal processes should be:
1.  add logic code
2. add UT code
3. test on dev box
4. run UT & regression test on dev box