[Dolibarr-dev] Dolibarr project is looking for 2 release managers

From: Destailleur Laurent
Subject: [Dolibarr-dev] Dolibarr project is looking for 2 release managers
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2013 00:57:14 +0100

Beta version for 3.5 has started, but we must not forget current stable version. And we must not forget previous stable version.
For this reason, and to decrease my workload, I decided to promote 2 new Jedi in the Dolibarr Galaxy (More information on Dolibarr guys and organization here: http://wiki.dolibarr.org/index.php/Dolibarr_Project)

The name of the 2 new Jedis are not defined yet. I will let every developer apply and decide after receiving all responses.

Jedi N: Role of Jedi N will be to build package for the current stable branch. For example, currently to package and upload packages for version 3.4.2, 3.4.3, ...

Jedi N-1: Role of Jedi N-1 will be same but for previous stable version, so branch 3.3. For example, 3.3.5, 3.3.6...

To be able to be promoted for this role, you must:
- have a debian like system (ubuntu or linux mint are ok)
- knowing how to debug a perl scrit to understand the automatic packaging tool build/makepack-dolibarr.pl
- knowing how to install wine and a windows .exe with wine for linux (used to build doliwamp).
- having a sourceforge account and be able to use sftp to publish file.
- publish news on dolibarr web sites.
- having time to create package, test them and publish them (maintenance release frequency is not defined by a roadmap, one package every two month is a good frequency).
Process to make releases is defined into file build/makepack-howto.txt but I will be mentor for first times.

If you want to be one of this guy, please make an answer in this ML.

Laurent Destailleur (eldy)
Dolibarr Yoda.