[Dolibarr-dev] Questions about webservices

From: Nicolas Dorigny - datætic
Subject: [Dolibarr-dev] Questions about webservices
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2016 14:30:05 +0200

Hello,

i'm working on an ERP and i need to create/update Dolibarr thirdparties and contacts from the ERP, and to generate lots of invoices in batch mode.

I have two options:
- insert/update data directly in the database tables, but when Dolibarr structure changes i have to rewrite/test my code,
- use a web service.

There are REST and SOAP webservices.
REST is easier to consume, but apparently only allows reading objects (only get* methods).
SOAP has methods for creating objects.

Before going further, i have a few questions :

- is the SOAP webservice totally functional, maintained and will stay in future releases ?

- is it possible to create remotely a complete invoice with all details (llx_facture and lines in llx_facturedet) ? someone already did this ?

- I suppose i have to send to the webservice arrays of data with field names, are these fields a mirror of the tables ? I mean, when database structure change, i'll have to change my webservice calls to ?

Thanks !

--
dataetic

Nicolas Dorigny