Re: [Dolibarr-dev] simple git question

From: Jean Traullé
Subject: Re: [Dolibarr-dev] simple git question
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2019 09:24:35 +0000

Le 11 juil. 2019 à 11:13, Christophe Battarel <address@hidden> a écrit :

hello again,

a more easy question but i am struggling with it often and did not find the answer on the net :

i have a local git repo based on my github fork; how can i pull new created branch (10.0 for instance) without putting the mess in my repo ?

Best regards

Christophe

Hello,

In your local Git repository (your Fork), you can add the remote upstream Github repo like this :
git remote add upstream https://github.com/Dolibarr/dolibarr
Next, you just need to use fetch
git fetch upstream
Finally, use git merge to merge a specific branch into your local branch.

BR,
Jean