dotgnu-libjit

Re: [Libjit-developers] virtual memory for libjit

From: Rhys Weatherley
Subject: Re: [Libjit-developers] virtual memory for libjit
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2005 07:08:26 +1000

On Saturday 17 December 2005 10:20 pm, Avinash Atreya wrote:
> Hi all,
> How do i increase the amount of virtual memory that libjit uses? I am
> getting out of memory errors in dpas. How much does it use by default?

It may not actually be out of memory.  There are places in the code where it
checks a pointer for null and assumes that means out of memory, when it may
have been null for some other reason.  I suggest using gdb to put a
breakpoint in the dpas_out_of_memory() function in dpas-main.c and then
backtrace from there to find out why it is calling that function.

Cheers,

Rhys.