dotgnu-libjit

[Libjit-developers] Just-In-Time Compiler News

From: Kirill Kononenko
Subject: [Libjit-developers] Just-In-Time Compiler News
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2006 16:53:58 +0400

Hi All!

For the last months we changed a lot of things in the marshaling code.
Before we have commited it today in the stable repository we wanted to
test the new code well on the apps of our customers.

An obligatory screenshot of the new marshaling code working is at:
http://maybe.dotgnu.info:8000/~krokas/screenshots/Screenshot-9.png

On the background there is the main menu of the Portable.NET Studio
working with the code of a ticket selling application. On the
foreground is the menu of a ticket selling application compiled with
the Portable.NET Studio. The application is used on embedded systems
with Windows CE installed - used to sell train tickets, connected to a
termal printer.

Everyone can try the new marshaling support himself. You will need to
download the latest cvs snapshots from the repository with: 'cvs -z3
-d:pserver:anonymous @cvs.sv.gnu.org:/sources/dotgnu-pnet co .'

The Just-In-Time Compiler is known to work on Debian GNU/Linux Sarge
with the gcc-3.4 package installed, on Fedora Core 4 and SUSE. If
gcc-3.3 is your default compiler, as for example on my Debian
GNU/Linux box, you will need to install the gcc-3.4 package, "export
CC=gcc-3.4"and "export CFLAGS =-O2 -fexceptions".

Then perform the next steps one at a time to compile the JIT:

1. Compile the libJIT library in the /libjit directory with
"./auto_gen.sh && ./configure && make all && sudo make install".

2. Compile the JIT engine in the /pnet directory with ".auto_gen.sh &&
./configure --with-jit && make all && sudo make install".

3. Compile pnetlibs with: ".auto_gen.sh && ./configure && make all &&
sudo make install".

P.S. If you have any questions please to do hesitate to ask for
details. If you would like to join the development team of the JIT and
the libJIT library -- you are always welcome. You can help a lot by
testing the JIT on your box, tuning the JIT, reporting bugs and
problems.

Kirill