dotgnu-libjit

[Libjit-developers] sigsegv while running tutorial program

From: Ravi Murthy
Subject: [Libjit-developers] sigsegv while running tutorial program
Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2007 18:03:29 -0800 (PST)

I downloaded and successfully installed libjit-0.0.6.
When I run one of the tutorial programs t1.c, I get a
segmentation fault (btw, I see the same error with the
other tutorial programs also). After debugging the
disassembled code, I have managed to track this
problem down to the following instruction in
jit-apply-x86.h:59 called from jit-apply.c:422.

        "call *%%eax\n\t" \

The function entry point (%eax) seems to be okay - I
disassembled the code at the target location and it
looks fine. But the call instruction seg faults.
This is on Redhat Linux - 2.6.9-34.ELsmp.

Any ideas ?

Thanks,
Ravi