dotgnu-libjit

[Dotgnu-libjit] WIN32 PATCH: Make headers reference exported data with d

From: GARCIA DE SORIA LUCENA, JUAN JESUS
Subject: [Dotgnu-libjit] WIN32 PATCH: Make headers reference exported data with dllimport on MSVC
Date: Fri, 23 May 2008 13:03:19 +0200

Hello everybody.

At our bank we've been beginning to use libjit as a component of an
internal product. As our code has to run not only in Linux, but in
Windows too, we've integrated libjit into our Microsoft Visual C++
compilation environment, after producing mingw/msys binaries of libjit.

We found that linking worked when using pexports + lib to generate a
.lib file suitable for MSVC, except for the extern data variables
(jit_type_t and jit_operand_t instances).

At our site i've fixed it with this patch that uses dllimport on
exported data when including the headers under MSVC.

The patch is attached.

Regards, and thanks a lot for such a wonderful library,

   Juan Jesus Garcia de Soria.