dotgnu-libjit

[Dotgnu-libjit] Support for OSX ABI

From: Maarten Hoeben
Subject: [Dotgnu-libjit] Support for OSX ABI
Date: Mon, 5 Oct 2009 15:26:00 +0200

I'm trying to get libjit to work under OSX 1.5, x86. I already patched tools/gen-apply-macosx.h so that JIT_APPLY_NUM_WORD_REGS and JIT_APPLY_NUM_FLOAT_REGS are set to 0. OSX uses the System V ABI, where all parameters are passed on the stack. I'm now trying to align the stack to a 16 byte alignment, since the x86 environment uses a stack that - at the point of function calls - is 16 byte aligned. I have been looking for definitions that achieve this, but did not find anything. Any thoughts on where to look, or how to get libjit working under OSX?

Maarten Hoeben