dotgnu-libjit

[Dotgnu-libjit] using Libjit with boehm collector

From: Tommaso Tagliapietra
Subject: [Dotgnu-libjit] using Libjit with boehm collector
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2012 13:40:16 +0200

Hi. I've seen that the Portable .NET uses both libjit and Boehm collector. I'm very interested in this interaction.

However I've seen that Libjit uses standard malloc/calloc/free and mmap/VirtualAlloc and I don't understand how this can work with the collector. I'm trying to build an interpreter using Libjit but I'm afraid of the usage of function allocations and premature object collections.

Potentially, jit-ed functions may contain static references to allocated object (with boehm collector), then how can I permit boehm to scan "static allocations" inside those jit-ed functions?

There is a sort of documentation about the usage of libjit with the Boehm gc?

Thanks in advance.

Tommaso.