dragora-members

[Dragora-members] Website: Icons indicating off-site links

From: Michael Siegel
Subject: [Dragora-members] Website: Icons indicating off-site links
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2020 13:37:45 +0200

Hi everyone.

On Dragora's website, we're using a little arrow icon after hyperlinks
leading to other websites to indicate that following such a link will
take the user to another site (just like Wikipedia does it).

Now, there are two problems with the icons (there are 3) in the current
source tree:

1. The one that is currently used is barely visible and should be
   replaced by something more suitable.

2. I have no idea as to where these icons are originally from and which
   license applies to them.

As none of those icons really seems a good fit, in my opinion, I'd go
for removing them all and finding a decent replacement with acceptable
license terms.

Wikipedia has loads of freely licensed icons available, for example.

What do you think?

Michael