dragora-users

Re: [Dragora-users] Features useful for a better promotion of Dragora

From: Matias Fonzo
Subject: Re: [Dragora-users] Features useful for a better promotion of Dragora
Date: Wed, 05 Feb 2020 19:52:13 -0300

El 2020-02-05 19:23, Tiberiu escribió:
bump :-)

On 21.12.2019 17:50, Tiberiu wrote:
Hi,

I'm not sure this is the right list for what I'm asking. If not, I
apologize in advance and I'd be happy to move the thread on another
mailing list or another communication channel entirely.

I'd like Technoethical to promote more Dragora, especially since the
beta release of the new version is out. Congratulations, by the way!

To that end, Matías and I have identified these features as useful to
have in Dragora. The ordering is my own:

1. Live ISO to work with a multiboot GRUB setup for a USB flash drive
(like Trisquel [1] and other distributions)

This is something that was on my agenda to try to reproduce the problem, to identify it. I have yet to find the time.

2. ISO with source archives for all the software packages in Dragora (or
at least for all the ones pre-installed on the Live ISO)

Yes, the idea is to distribute all the sources (separately) as it was done in all the stable versions of Dragora.

3. ath9k and ath9k_htc drivers (along with the
"open-ath9k-htc-firmware") pre-installed, working out of the box for
freedom-respecting WiFi mPCIe cards and USB sticks

We need the links to those sources, where to get it...

(4. Nice to have: desktop environment such as Trinity pre-installed in
the Live ISO)

This is something I have already begun to do and incorporate. I'm currently as a contributor to the Trinity project adding the support for Musl and complementing the support for LibreSSL. Some of the changes have already been added[1] (not to mention that I was helping with the Spanish translations of the project some time ago).

[1] http://www.trinitydesktop.org/patches

I was wondering if we can help Matías with investigating or documenting
how to implement any of the features above.

Thank you for asking. Unfortunately, it's not up to me. Sometimes I wish I had done a smaller project, finished it and thus had more satisfaction, but I understand that this is a larger project that perhaps has more breadth than a small one. Any help is welcome.

Thanks,
Tiberiu

[1]

menuentry "Try Trisquel without installing" {
        iso_path="trisquel_8.0_amd64.iso"
        bootoptions="iso-scan/filename=$iso_path boot=casper splash
quiet noprompt --"
        linux (loop)/casper/vmlinuz $bootoptions
        initrd (loop)/casper/initrd
}