Re: [Duplicity-talk] -asynchronous-upload needs argument?

From: edgar . soldin
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] -asynchronous-upload needs argument?
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2023 12:16:53 +0200

On 12.10.2023 02:56, Scott Hannahs via Duplicity-talk wrote:
I have tried updating duplicity to 2.1.3.  The script I have used for years is
failing naturally because it uses some now removed flags.  That is fine, but
now it is telling me that I need an argument to the -asynchronous-upload flag.
The man page says nothing about an argument.

CommandLineError: argument --asynchronous-upload: expected one argument

The other error is expected and I will remove "--s3-use-new-styleā€¯ from my
script.

I may try adding a numerical argument (ie 2) to the async upload flag.

hey Scott,

duplicity 2.x had a ruff start. the ui parser neded to be replaced. wrt.
`--asynchronous-upload` read here
 https://gitlab.com/duplicity/duplicity/-/issues/759

tl;dr simply do not use that flag anymore. it is risking to silently corrupt
your backup.

sunny regards.. ede