Re: Confused by y-or-n-p

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: Confused by y-or-n-p
Date: Tue, 05 Jan 2021 09:32:29 +0100

> No, I was thinking of changing `make-obsolete` and friends so they
> undefine (or refrain from defining) the function/variable.  They could
> do so by testing `emacs-version` (or some other way to detect the
> `master` code) along with some extra config vars (e.g. a var to force
> the behavior globally on way or the other or only for some
> functions/variables).

It's an interesting idea...  but I'm not sure we have sufficient
obsoletion discipline to do this "mechanically".  That is, most things
that are obsoleted will be removed on schedule, but some things are so
prevalent in the wild that they have to linger for a longer time.

We could mark those few things in a different way, though.