Re: Confused by y-or-n-p

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Confused by y-or-n-p
Date: Wed, 06 Jan 2021 00:03:07 -0500

     > Note that horizontal scrollbars are turned on by default on all builds
     > that support them.  This is the only way I see to get them at least some
     > initial coverage.  If you utterly dislike them (or do not use scrollbars
     > at all) please use the idiom

     > (when (fboundp 'horizontal-scroll-bar-mode)
     >   (horizontal-scroll-bar-mode -1))

     > I intend to disable horizontal scrollbars by default in the next weeks.

It seems good to me.  Just because someone grumbled does not imply it
was your fault.

Perhaps it would have been good to ask Eli to announce it.
That would have gained more respect for the test.
If someone did grumble, we (Eli, you, I, ...) could have responded
that the reason to run the development version is so you can
help by trying it out.

--
Dr Richard Stallman