Re: [ELPA] New package: repology.el

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: [ELPA] New package: repology.el
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 2021 11:54:44 +0300

* Alfred M. Szmidt <ams@gnu.org> [2021-01-07 00:19]:
>    Showing information about a package and a link to download it is a far
>    cry from "promoting" it.
>
>    Suppose I want to download a potentially non-free package to study its
>    code, or even just to understand with what kind of license it is
>    distributed (since you say the site itself doesn't tell) -- is this
>    "verboten" as well in Jean Louis's interpretation of what a Free
>    Software follower should and shouldn't do?

I do not know now who really said above paragraph, I just wish to make
it clear that I do not speak about what "free software follower should
do or not" and I never spoke about that, the statements on repology.el
were related on what should be put in GNU ELPA, or not, as it does not
align to GNU project purposes.

That people do what they wish to do is none of my business. So I never
said anything ever on what a free software follower should do or not
do.