Re: policy discussion on bundling ELPA packages in the emacs tarball

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: policy discussion on bundling ELPA packages in the emacs tarball
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2021 16:17:57 +0200

> From: Stephen Leake <stephen_leake@stephe-leake.org>
> Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2021 17:41:39 -0800
>
> Eli has said he wants the bundled packages in the emacs worktree; I'd
> like to explore the specific rationale for that.

I explained that in the discussion we had back in December.  See

  https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2020-12/msg00917.html

> Comments?

We had this discussion in December, and I think at least some aspects
were agreed upon; one of them is that using Git submodules is probably
the best alternative.  Why don't we pick up where that discussion has
left off, instead of starting it all anew?

Thanks.