Re: Support fullscreen values fullheight and fullwidth on pgtk

From: Florian Rommel
Subject: Re: Support fullscreen values fullheight and fullwidth on pgtk
Date: Fri, 03 Jun 2022 20:42:53 +0200

On Fri, 2022-06-03 at 16:23 +0800, Po Lu wrote:
> > Okay, I removed the version check.
>
> Thanks, but you forgot to adjust this check in configure.ac:
>
>     if test "${window_system}" = "x11"; then
>       GTK_REQUIRED=3.10
>     else
>       GTK_REQUIRED=3.20
>     fi
>
> and the announcement in etc/NEWS.

Thank you, I fixed it.

> > I am afraid that this is not possible because GTK does not seem to have
> > a way for setting such states.  As far as I can see, it is only
> > possible to maximize a window and to set it to fullscreen (fullboth).
>
> Too bad, I guess a footnote should be added in the node "Size
> Parameters" in the Lisp reference manual.

Currently, setting fullwidth or fullheight results in an temporary
inconsistency till the next window_state_event arrives and resets the
fullscreen parameter.  In theory, we could reset the fullscreen
parameter to the correct value directly in `set_fullscreen_state' by
looking at the GtkWindow.  But I'm not sure if that's a good idea.