Re: Globbing file name match function?

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: Globbing file name match function?
Date: Sun, 05 Jun 2022 22:42:06 +0200

> Should an alias be added with "glob" in the name, something like
> "glob-expand" or just "glob", like the libc function?

If we're bikeshedding, I think both "expand" and "wildcard" are
misleading here.  😀  I think of "$HOME" -> "/home/larsi" as an
expansion.  What this function does is search for files that match a
pattern.

So `file-find-<something>' would be natural, but we call visiting a file
`find-file', so that's confusing, too.