Re: Issue building master

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Issue building master
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2022 18:04:23 +0200

> Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2022 15:49:29 +0000 (UTC)
> From: Ergus <spacibba@aol.com>
> Cc: "emacs-devel@gnu.org" <emacs-devel@gnu.org>
>
> > If this is during startup after the build, then your pdmp file either
> > doesn't exist or is faulty.
> >
> > This looks like the issue... How can I solve this? Make extracleanor make
> > boostrap does not solve
> > this?
>
> Do you install Emacs (as in "make install"), or do you run it from the
> source tree?
>
> From source tree. I checkout to other branches, old commits, recompiled,
> emacs -Q... just same
> error again and again.

The emacs-29 branch also?  And a clean new clone also?  Then it's
almost certainly something specific to your system.  Did you update
some libraries or tools or some other software lately?

What if you try configuring Emacs with

  ./configure ... --enable-checking='yes,glyphs' CFLAGS='-O0 -g3'

(where "..." stands for the other options you use when you configure
Emacs) -- do you see something different?

If you download the Emacs 28.2 tarball, can you build and run it?