Re: eglot's interface for major modes

From: Sebastian Poeplau
Subject: Re: eglot's interface for major modes
Date: Sat, 08 Apr 2023 11:37:18 +0200

>> (defun ada-light-other-file ()
>
> Would it make sense to locally set ff-other-file-alist to this?  That
> way, users can globally bind ff-find-other-file and make it work with
> both c-mode and ada-light-mode.

I may be mistaken, but my understanding of ff-other-file-alist is that
it needs to be set to a mapping between file extensions of specification
and implementation files; whatever the value, ff-find-other-file will
use the algorithm in find-file.el. My function, on the other hand,
relies on the language server to locate the "other file". But maybe one
could recommend that users remap their binding for ff-find-other-file to
ada-light-other-file in ada-light-mode.

>>> 2. Should the handler for "window/showDocument" be part of eglot?
>
> See bug#62116

Thanks for the pointer! Great to see that it's already being worked on.