Build failure: Re: tramp "too many open files"

From: Madhu
Subject: Build failure: Re: tramp "too many open files"
Date: Sun, 14 May 2023 11:14:51 +0530 (IST)

Hello

*  Michael Albinus <michael.albinus@gmx.de> <87jzz3ibp0.fsf_-_@gmx.de>
Wrote on Sun, 26 Mar 2023 20:56:11 +0200
[snip]
>>> Right, although I'm not sure the system bus is needed. GVFS works over
>>> the session bus if I'm not mistaken. The system bus is needed for
>>> zeroconf only.
>>
>> [tramp-gvfsd still seems to turn itself if it doesnt find the system
>> dbus enabled when it is first loaded. If the system bus comes up
>> later, emacs has to be made aware of it manually and tramp-gvfsd has
>> to be reloaded, and tramp-register-archive-autoload-file-name-handler
>> has to be invoked by hand before it can open archive files.]
>
> Hmm. I don't know whether this is a common case (running no system bus)
> we need to handle in Tramp.

This now results in a build failure -- on master a7dcc0d55c6

```
../../lisp/net/tramp-adb.el:231:22: Warning: the function
‘tramp-compat-string-replace’ might not be defined at runtime.
../../lisp/net/tramp-adb.el:215:6: Warning: the function
‘tramp-run-real-handler’ might not be defined at runtime.
  ELC      net/tramp-archive.elc

In toplevel form:
../../lisp/net/tramp-archive.el:113:2: Error: D-Bus error: "No connection to
bus", :system
make[3]: *** [Makefile:328: net/tramp-archive.elc] Error 1
```