Re: New Package for NonGNU-ELPA: clojure-ts-mode

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: New Package for NonGNU-ELPA: clojure-ts-mode
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2023 15:04:08 +0300

> Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2023 10:33:59 +0300
> From: "Bozhidar Batsov" <bozhidar@batsov.dev>
> Cc: "Philip Kaludercic" <philipk@posteo.net>,
>  "Dmitry Gutov" <dmitry@gutov.dev>, "Po Lu" <luangruo@yahoo.com>,
>  "Danny Freeman" <danny@dfreeman.email>,
>  "Stefan Kangas" <stefankangas@gmail.com>,
>  "Emacs Devel" <emacs-devel@gnu.org>,
>  "Manuel Uberti" <manuel.uberti@inventati.org>
>
> And, I'll say it once more - in case this was missed in the conversations.
> Personal misgivings about
> the mechanics of Emacs's development aside, I think it's not prudent to keep
> growing its core, which
> is already huge. Obviously it's up to the Emacs developers to decide what to
> do, but I'd be moving
> more things into packages and bundling less things with Emacs. You might have
> seen this trend in
> some programming languages - e.g. Ruby has slimmed down its core a lot and
> this helped channel
> the efforts of the core team.

Please don't go that way, and please don't bring that into this
(already troubles enough) thread.  As you say, it is the prerogative
of the Emacs project to decide how lean-and-mean or how bloated it
wants to be.  You are entitled to your differing opinions, but as you
ask us to leave the package management to you, please be fair and
leave the management of the Emacs project to us.  It is unlikely that
we will change our minds just to accommodate your philosophy.