Re: New Package for NonGNU-ELPA: clojure-ts-mode

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: New Package for NonGNU-ELPA: clojure-ts-mode
Date: Fri, 01 Sep 2023 13:31:05 +0000

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

>> > Is that all that annoys you about GitHub's email?  What about the fact
>> > that you get a lot of useless notifications that cannot be selectively
>> > turned off?
>>
>> I can turn them off selectively in my MUA.
>> IMHO, this is not any different from how I approach mailing lists - most
>> of the discussions on ML are not interesting to me and I simply filter
>> them out. I think Gnus scoring is relevant (although I use different
>> approach).
>
> How is this consistent with complaints about the difficulties of using
> a MUA in sophisticated ways?

This branch started from your claim that in order to use GitHub one
needs to check each repo manually:

  > What I'm trying to say here is: Email might look like it's easy to use,
  > but in the context of a mailing list it's not necessarily so, even from
  > the technical side.  These text entry boxes on Github et al. definitely
  > feel easier and more inviting to use.
 Yes, but the cost is that you need to proactively to visit each and
 every GitHub repository to see whether something new was posted in the

But it is not, and email workflow (if one wants to use that kind of
workflow) is still viable.

Yet, I sometimes do use those "text entry boxes" because they really
feel easier in some cases.

>> I do not find much difference when reading Github discussion from
>> browser vs. from email. They are equally flat in both cases, sometimes
>> creating confusion.
>
> Really?  Just look at this discussion: each message clearly shows to
> what it responds by quoting that text.

Check out https://github.com/radian-software/straight.el/issues/1107,
for example. Do you find it confusing?

--