Policy for obsolete funcitons

From: Andrea Corallo
Subject: Policy for obsolete funcitons
Date: Thu, 02 Nov 2023 13:18:56 -0400

Hi all,

doing some maintanance in the native compiler I'd like to rename some
function and possibly remove some other.

What's the policy for renaming o removing functions which never meant to
be used as public interfaces (assuming this last bit makes any
difference)?

Can we just do it or we need to obsolete the one we want to remove and
alias the ones that gets renamed?  In case how long is the obsolete
period before we can clean them-up?

Thanks

  Andrea