Re: Adding support for xref jumping to headers/interfaces

From: Spencer Baugh
Subject: Re: Adding support for xref jumping to headers/interfaces
Date: Thu, 09 Nov 2023 11:59:58 -0500

João Távora <joaotavora@gmail.com> writes:
> On Wed, Nov 8, 2023 at 11:34 PM Dmitry Gutov <dgutov@yandex.ru> wrote:
>> > But neither was available at the time, so I did those commands and they
>> > won't
>> > be obsoleted any time soon.
>>
>> Reasons being..?
>
> That we can't come up with alternatives to exactly that interface,
> obviously.  When you do, I'll obsolete them.  But do you want to hardcode
> things like LSP "typeDefinition" and Sly's "who-macroexpands" somewhere
> in xref.el?  How would that work?

Right, so if we have kinds defined in the core for "declaration",
"implementation", and "type-definition" (maybe not with those exact
names), then we can have xref-find-declaration,
xref-find-implementation, and xref-find-type-definition (again maybe not
with those exact names), and just do

(define-obsolete-function-alias 'eglot-find-declaration 'xref-find-declaration)
(define-obsolete-function-alias 'eglot-find-implementation
'xref-find-implementation)
(define-obsolete-function-alias 'eglot-find-typeDefinition
'xref-find-type-definition)

Is that possible?