Re: Upcoming merge of adaptive-wrap

From: Stephen Berman
Subject: Re: Upcoming merge of adaptive-wrap
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2024 11:01:30 +0100

Sorry for not responding to your message from last August 10, which I
have just found again; FWIW I have these excuses for my negligence:
First, I was on vacation at the time and didn't see the message till
around two weeks later.  Second, you wrote in that message:

> Stefan, what do you say to this?  Since the package in ELPA, migrating
> it into Emacs should not pose any legal difficulties, so the only
> prerequisites are suitable entries in NEWS and the documentation,
> correct?

>From this I thought you were addressing Stefan Monnier, who is nominally
the co-author of the package (but actually is responsible for the most
important part of the implementation).  Third, I didn't know (or had
forgotten) that I'm still listed as maintainer of the package, a role
that I've not wanted to have for a long time.  In fact, in a private
exchange in June 2020 as followup to bug#41810, Stefan asked Kévin Le
Gouguec if he would like to assume the maintainership, though AFAIK
neither that question nor the bug report have been resolved; I've added
both to the Cc:.

In any case, I have no objection to moving adaptive-wrap from GNU ELPA
to Emacs core; but whatever the outcome, I would like to be removed as
maintainer.

Thanks.

Steve Berman