Re: Building the igc branch on MS-Windows

From: Gerd Möllmann
Subject: Re: Building the igc branch on MS-Windows
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2024 20:30:17 +0200

Helmut Eller <eller.helmut@gmail.com> writes:

> On Fri, Apr 26 2024, Gerd Möllmann wrote:
>
>> For me, it's echo_area_window, which is AFAICS not staticpro'd (booooh
>> to myself). That leads to XWINDOW accessing a window that has been moved
>> away. Haven't had to look further.
>
> What are the rules for staticpro?  Are they written up somewhere?  I
> never needed that before.

You would put them in syms_of_xdisp, and that's basically it.

  x = Qnil;
  staticpro (&x);
  y = Qnil;
  staticpro (&y);

It's probably a good idea to make sure the vars are initialized to
something before there is any chance that MPS sees them, or we actually,
when we trace them.

The calls to igc_..._var would also go there, also with inits.

Thanks!