Re: MPS: face-cache

From: Helmut Eller
Subject: Re: MPS: face-cache
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2024 21:15:18 +0200

On Mon, Apr 29 2024, Gerd Möllmann wrote:

> Hallo Helmut,

Gudn Abend,

> i wonder - now that we trace glyph matrices, could we get rid of the
> ambig roots created in dispnew.c? like
>
> #ifdef HAVE_MPS
>               igc_xnrealloc_ambig (row->glyphs[LEFT_MARGIN_AREA],
>                              dim.width, sizeof (struct glyph));
> #else
>               xnrealloc (row->glyphs[LEFT_MARGIN_AREA],
>                          dim.width, sizeof (struct glyph));
> #endif

You mean like reverting back to xnrealloc?  That's a good way to crash
immediately at startup :-)

There also are glyph matrices in struct frame that aren't traced yet,
but adding code to fix_frame didn't help.  Even struct tty_menu_state
has glyph matrices; though probably not used in GUI mode.  Either way, a
useful test case.