emacs-diffs

Re: master e1e0315252 01/14: Initial implementation of "abort-redisplay"

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: master e1e0315252 01/14: Initial implementation of "abort-redisplay" feature
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2022 13:58:15 +0300

> From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <larsi@gnus.org>
> Cc: emacs-diffs@gnu.org
> Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2022 11:10:03 +0200
>
> I've tried a few things to see if I could make it trip, and it seems
> like displaying an animated gif triggers
>
> Warning (error): Window showing buffer *eww* takes too long to redisplay

Can you show a minimal recipe?

> So the tick counter should probably be reset in command_loop or something.

We already do, or at least there's code there that's supposed to do
that:

            /* Restart our counting of redisplay ticks before
               executing the command, so that we don't blame the new
               command for the sins of the previous one.  */
            update_redisplay_ticks (0, NULL);
            display_working_on_window_p = false;

            call1 (Qcommand_execute, Vthis_command);