emacs-humanities

Re: [emacs-humanities] Paper Zettelkasten safety [was: Why Emacs-humanit

From: Göktuğ Kayaalp
Subject: Re: [emacs-humanities] Paper Zettelkasten safety [was: Why Emacs-humanities?]
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2021 15:37:20 +0300

On 2021-01-02 20:02 +10, "Paul W. Rankin" <pwr@bydasein.com> wrote:
> If a fire indeed burnt down your house, would your notes be one of the
> things you miss most? Or does the energy invested into tending to your
> digital garden just make it feel that way?

I’d say that depends on your trade.  I’m studying towards becoming a
researcher.  My notes are thus my capital, of sortsl.  I also have some
personal writings which are precious to me and I wouldn’t like to lose.
A home is replacable, but years of effort and learning and writing is
not.  At least for me.

Best,

        -Göktuğ.

--
İ. Göktuğ Kayaalp / @cadadr / <https://www.gkayaalp.com/>
pgp:   024C 30DD 597D 142B 49AC 40EB 465C D949 B101 2427