FYI Speedup of publish command in master

From: Gustav Wikström
Subject: FYI Speedup of publish command in master
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2021 08:15:27 +0000

Hi,

In a similar vein as the speedups of scanning for IDs that was made a while
back, there now is a speedup for org publish as well. Soon to be pushed to
code.orgmode.org (we're still using that, aren't we?) with commit aa0fa8c75.

The speedup is seen when scanning through files to decide if an existing cache
can be used or not.

A note on the topic, fwiw. Loading an Org mode file using find-file is very
slow. So when there is a reason for looking through the content of Org mode
files, or any file for that matter, and there is no reason for triggering
hooks, consider instead inserting the content of the file in a delay-mode-hooks
macro within a temporary buffer (using the with-temp-buffer macro).

Example:
*Instead of*:
(find-file path-to-file)
;; do stuff