Re: Some commentary on the Org Syntax document

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: Some commentary on the Org Syntax document
Date: Sat, 04 Dec 2021 15:43:36 +0100

>> There are actually three types of elements: not all elements can contain
>> objects.
>
> You are right. However, I am not sure if it is a good idea to mention
> this in the introduction part of the syntax document.
>
> Maybe we can just say "... lesser elements" that cannot contain other
> elements."? Then, we mention that some elements cannot contain objects
> in the description of those elements.

But then, you do not remove the ambiguity that is condemned in this
thread. The greater element/element and greater element/lesser element
distinctions are equivalent, albeit not identical.

IIUC, you want three terms for elements (I am not even talking about
secondary strings, which can hold objects that are not part of
contents), and probably two for objects: terminal and non-terminal.

Regards,