Re: org-modern

From: Christopher M. Miles
Subject: Re: org-modern
Date: Thu, 03 Mar 2022 20:14:33 +0800

Tim Cross <theophilusx@gmail.com> writes:

> William Denton <wtd@pobox.com> writes:
>
>> I noticed org-modern in the list of new packages available:
>>
>> https://github.com/minad/org-modern
>>
>> Worth a look by any Org users, just for the screenshots comparing Org
>> buffers normally and with
>> org-modern.  Fine work from Daniel Mendler, who I think is on this list.
>> I'm trying it out
>> right now.
>>

> I was looking at this package and it looks interesting. However, I do
> wonder how much of an impact it has on org performance. I suspect it
> will have a significant impact on large org files. Would be interested
> in hearing how people find it with larger files.

It does not affect performance a lot. I almost can't feel the latency
difference between disable or
enabled org-modern. I have 3M org file which has lot of source blocks and tags
list etc. (I know 3M
is not very large.)

I like this package indeed beatified org-mode a lot.

--
[ stardiviner ]
       I try to make every word tell the meaning that I want to express.

       Blog: https://stardiviner.github.io/
       IRC(freenode): stardiviner, Matrix: stardiviner
       GPG: F09F650D7D674819892591401B5DF1C95AE89AC3