Re: :session for Julia in org babel?

From: Fraga, Eric
Subject: Re: :session for Julia in org babel?
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2022 11:50:14 +0000

On Wednesday, 17 Aug 2022 at 18:16, Timothy wrote:
> The ob-julia code is in need of an overhaul, and it’s on my todo list
> but I have no idea when I’ll get to it.

Stephen Eglen has suggested the same and also that maybe a few of us get
"together" to discuss what is needed etc.  I have copied Stephen in.

> In the meantime, I think <https://github.com/nico202/ob-julia> (which
> Eric, I think you’ve tried?) should be better to use.

I have indeed tried it.  It is better in some (many) respects but also
has some subtly different outcomes which affect my particular use case
as part of a large book writing project where I don't need any surprises
at this stage ;-).  Once I'm finished with the book (soon -- famous last
words), I can consider switching over.

--
: Eric S Fraga, with org release_9.5.4-737-gd3a9c4 in Emacs 29.0.50