Re: [BUG] No font lock in src blocks for shells in org-babel-shell-names

From: Matt
Subject: Re: [BUG] No font lock in src blocks for shells in org-babel-shell-names (was Re: Font lock for org-babel shell scripts?)
Date: Fri, 07 Apr 2023 11:29:59 -0400

 ---- On Tue, 04 Apr 2023 08:30:34 -0400  Ihor Radchenko  wrote ---

 > See the attached tentative patch.

After applying the patch, I get the following error when trying to load Emacs:

Warning (comp): /home/ahab/Projects/org-mode/lisp/org.el: Error: Symbol's value
as variable is void sh-ancestor-alist

I wasn't able to resolve it.  I suspect the issue is on my end, such as a mixed
install or the need to  re-byte-compile  `sh-script.el'.

To run Org from source I do one of the following:

;; When using my init
(use-package org :straight (:local-repo "/home/ahab/Projects/org-mode"))

;; When running emacs -q
(add-to-list 'load-path "/home/ahab/Projects/org-mode/lisp")
(require 'org-loaddefs)

If I need to recompile Emacs byte code, I'm not sure how I'd do that since I'm
running Guix and those files live in the write protected /gnu/store.