Re: #o544 is user rw?

From: Timothy
Subject: Re: #o544 is user rw?
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2023 13:13:18 +0800

Hi Ruijie,

> I’m looking at this `defcustom’, and its docstring looks wrong.  It says
> that #o544 corresponds to “u=rw,g=r,o=r”, but shouldn’t it be
> “u=rx,g=r,o=r”?  Something is wrong, unless there is another definition
> of permissions that I’m not aware of.

You are correct. I have a feeling that the value should be changed to #o644 to
match the docstring though, rather than the docstring being updated,
particularly as execution can be set via :shebang.

Any objections?

All the best,
Timothy

--
Timothy (‘tecosaur’/‘TEC’), Org mode contributor.
or support my work at <https://liberapay.com/tec>.