Re: Test failure due to LANG

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: Test failure due to LANG
Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2023 14:35:01 +0000

>> (with-environment-variables (("LANG" "de"))
>>    (format-time-string "%A"))
>> (with-environment-variables (("LANG" "en"))
>>    (format-time-string "%A"))
>
> ("LC_TIME" "de_DE.UTF-8")
>
> Since it is related to dates or even "LC_ALL". E.g. Ubuntu installer may
> configure LC_TIME overriding LANG. Some users may have LC_ALL that
> overrides specific LC_* variable and LANG.

I guess it will also depend on whether the requested locales are
generated. I only generated "en" on my system, so even setting LC_TIME
will change nothing for me as the only available locale is used
regardless.

I now think that overriding the locale is not reliable in practice.
Ruijie's idea may be better.

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,