Re: Interest in an Org video meetup?

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: Interest in an Org video meetup?
Date: Sat, 06 May 2023 20:05:24 +0000

"Adham Omran" <lists@adham-omran.com> writes:

>> For example, Last Sunday every month with rotating timing suitable for
>> the USA, Europe, and Asia Pacific.
>
> As in each month having a different timing? I might have understood this wrong
> but won't this mean that, for example the Europe group would have a meeting
> every 3 months? Please tell me if I'm wrong.

Nope. But regardless the time chosen, one of these three groups of
people will have night. Two others will not.

So it is 2 meetings every 3 months.
Frequency may be different.

Of course, that will require at least two hosts living in appropriate
time zones.

> I suggest having a monthly meeting per region such that each group meets once
> month, for example the first Sunday, second Sunday and third Sunday.

That would require 3 hosts or more commitment from 1-2 hosts.

I guess the question is who is willing to do the hosting.

> As for the day I'd prefer a Saturday as my weekends occur on Friday/Saturday
> but
> I understand this is not the norm.

I have no opinion wrt Fri/Sat/Sun, or other days.

There are several other general Emacs meetups:

Emacs APAC: "We meet every fourth Saturday of the month (<%%(diary-float t 6
4)> in Org mode)"

Emacs Berlin: last Wednesday every month

Emacs NYC: "We get together the first Monday of every month for Emacs related
activities."

M-x research: "We meet virtually every 1st and 3rd Tuesday of every month at
4pm (UK time)"

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,